When disasters strike, it is difficult for people to access the healthcare they need at the time they need it most. Globally, there is also a massive shortage of healthcare workers. Erika Giron is a recruiter and business management professional. Currently, she leads Horizon Pacific Staffing and the Medical Center for Joint Restoration and Regenerative Medicine. Passionate about global health, Giron supports organizations that lead international health initiatives.
Project Hope is a nonprofit organization focused on empowering local health care workers. They provide training and relief all across the world where it is needed most, including now in Ukraine. Project Hopes, work includes:
- Disaster response
- Training nurses and midwives to work with mothers and babies
- Fighting infections diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and COVID-19
- Addressing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and respiratory disease
- Advancing health policies domestically and internationally
- Aiding migrant and refugee access to healthcare
- Providing hospitals and clinics with supplies and training
- Working directly with local communities to improve health outcomes.